As a WordPress site owner, you’re probably always on the lookout for new opportunities to engage with your audience.
Shareaholic is a popular WordPress plugin/service that comes with a suite of tools to help you do just that, and maybe even make a little extra money in the process.
But while Shareaholic does give you access to tons of features in one neat package, it also uses a modular approach to ensure you aren’t bogging down your site with features you don’t want. That is, it lets you turn specific features on or off according to your preferences. In this post, we’ll take a deep look at Shareaholic. We’ll start by discussing all the features that come with Shareaholic. Then, we’ll go hands-on and show you how everything comes together on a live WordPress site.
Shareaholic Features: More Than Just Social Sharing
When you see the name “Shareaholic”, your brain probably goes straight to social media sharing buttons. And yes – Shareaholic certainly does social sharing. You can add both floating and in-content share buttons, as well as share buttons on individual images and a couple of options for social follow buttons. Each placement comes with its own array of detailed settings, with the ability to turn on share counts, choose specific social networks, and a lot more. However, there’s also a lot more than social sharing, which is one of the things that makes Shareaholic unique against all of the other WordPress social sharing plugins. You also get:
- Related content – show related content suggestions on your site. The nice thing here is that all the processing happens on Shareaholic’s servers, which offers a better performance approach because you won’t have a bunch of database queries running on your own site.
- Analytics – find out how your content fares on social media thanks to UTM and Event tracking integrations with Google Analytics. You can also view this data inside your WordPress dashboard.
- Post Share Prompts – display messages after a user shares your content. You can display your own message and add social follow buttons or banner ads.
- Monetization – Shareaholic offers a number of monetization options, including the ability to automatically insert affiliate links, add banner ads to your related content, and promote sponsored content recommendations (in addition to related content from your own site). These features are totally optional.
- Link shortening – create shortened links (e.g. “shrlc.com/PnVrDPN” right from your dashboard. These links automatically track clicks, and you can view that click data in your dashboard as well.
Let’s take a deeper look at all the features and how they work!